Ok...Ok...I know this blog is insanely overdue as our trip was on May 10th, but I thought better late than never, right? We had a wonderful time with my whole family down in Palm Springs. The guys golfed a ton, we girls were able to go to the spa, lunch, and shopping, and the kids...well, they just played in the pool (and loved it!). My mom and I did venture out one day and found this crazy steep mountain to climb that the people of Palm Desert call "Bump and Grind." Funny huh? Well, it's exactly that! It's this amazing trail that goes straight up the mountain on vaguely rough terrain (rocks, dirt, snakes, lizards, etc.). We had to start early since it was already 85 degrees when we began at 6:45 a.m., but it was completely worth the trouble once we made it to the top (I would have brought my camera, but it was all I could do to carry a water bottle). The views were spectacular as you could see pretty much the entire valley and a gorgeous golf course that was at the bottom of this particular mountain.
We celebrated Mother's Day with my mom and the guys all made a wonderful dinner...and most importantly, cleaned up! On Tuesday night, Eric & I, my parents, and Andy & Mel went to dinner at this Italian restaurant called "The Nest." It was so hilarious because they also have a piano bar where all these "seasoned" people were dancing. Mom and Dad went out and ripped it up (they've taken lessons for the last 5-6 years). It was cute. I will shamefully admit we hit our favorite Kareoke hotspot on the way home and sang a few songs. I think I might be getting out of the business though...I wouldn't advise singing a song you barely know. We ended the trip with a celebration of my dad's birthday on Saturday and all the grown-ups went to Tommy Bahama's for dinner (if you've never been, you HAVE to try it sometime). We had a great time!




2 comments:
Fun! Fun! Fun!
How fun for your entire family and especially the kids. What wonderful memories you are making for them!
Goodness sakes, you people are really cute!
I'm happy you got your karaoke fix too!
:)
Post a Comment